Friday, January 31, 2014

Math Races & Groundhog Day

We had great fun in class this week!
 
I tried something new.....we practiced math skills with a little friendly competition.  The students LOVED it, and I was amazed at their good sportsmanship (& math skills)!
 
My SUPERSTAR students rock at addition and subtraction word problems!
 








 
We spent a bit learning about Punxsutawney Phil and made predictions on whether or not he would see his shadow. 
 
If their predictions are correct ----- spring will be here sooner rather than later!
I can't wait!
 (I had 3 students absent....BOO....and one star (vote) is missing.  I wonder how that happened?)

The students also decorated the groundhog's burrow and wrote their prediction. 


 

 

I'm still convinced I have the BEST 1st grade class at GES. 
I would be willing to bet I have THE best class at GES.....period!

Enjoy your weekend,
Love, Mrs. Lair

No comments:

Post a Comment